Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Royal Discovery!!

I recently purchased these two wedding photographs from an antiques warehouse- They probably date from the 1930's. I like to take along old photographs to the Vintage Fashion Fairs that I attend, so thought they would be interesting...They were very dusty, so I decided I would take out the photos to give the frames and glass a good clean. After removing the old rusty nails and the backing board, I made an amazing discovery!.....
Hiding beneath the wedding couple was a beautiful photograph of Queen Alexandra in the most stunning dress! - Behind the backing board of the second frame was a photograph of King Edward VII.They are both signed and dated 1889 and were printed by 'Walery' Photographer to the Queen, 164, Regents Street, London. I love the one of Queen Alexandra- her costume is fantastic the detail is incredible and her waist so tiny!

3 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you! but as an avid collector of vintage wedding pics,my personal preference is of the bride and groom! but what an amazing discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great dicovery,
    the vintage wedding photo's are lovely and then those wonderful photo's of Queen Alexandra and King Edward hiding beneath them.
    I guess they will look great in your workroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog. I like the pictures of your home very much - beautiful! Regards from Norway..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx