Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Silver Service


I just wanted to share with you a few photos of one of my favourite stalls at the Shepton Mallet Antiques Fair on Saturday. It belongs to a lovely couple who travel from London each time to be at the fair, with their beautiful garden ornaments.
They'd bought these luscious long stemmed roses at the flower market before they left - Arranged in these Victorian bottles, they made a stunning display.
*
Although my budget didn't stretch to much on their lovely stall, I was able to shop elsewhere at the fair...Flowers of a glass variety were one of my favourite purchases of the day, from Belinda (who has a jewellery stall at some of the V&H Fairs.)

Each delicate glass flower has been wired amongst glass leaves to create a small posy. I may attach a brooch pin to some, so that they may be worn as a corsage.

Later on during the day, I also came across a large collection of assorted silverware.
A few pieces I'm keeping for a family celebration later in the year...
*
*
But the rest will be packaged prettily and offered for sale in my shop. These wonderfully decorated items are always a good seller - I think customers enjoy finding a use for these antique treasures...
Engraved jam spoons for serving a dollop of the sticky-stuff on your morning toast?

Sugar tongs make excellent tea bag squeezers, I'm told!

Pickle forks and other decorative serving forks make lovely accessories at a picnic.

Salt and mustard spoons (some no bigger than a 50 pence piece) will serve just the right amount of each.
Berry spoons and sugar sifters will add another refined and fun to use addition to the tea table.
Or add other spoons to a pretty china cup and saucer as an original gift idea.
Little inexpensive items to add a sparkle to your day!
I'll be adding them to my shop's shelves as from tomorrow.
I'll also be making my final sort through of stock for the V&H Vintage Jumble Sale which takes place this Saturday. More details here, or on my website under 'fairs'.
UPDATE: My shop will be open as usual on Saturday - It will be in the capable hands of my hubby!
Enjoy the rest of your week,
Niki x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely finds Niki, and I love the stand in your first couple of photographs, I would be very tempted. Looking forward to catching up with you on Saturday.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki.
    Your recent shopping are wonderful!
    See you at Easter :):)
    Hugs and kisses, Maria.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of the roses the stallholder at Shepton used in the glass bottles ~ so simple, but lovely.

    See you on Saturday with another car load full!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx