Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Green Grass and Blue Skies...

Its lovely having green (and yellow!) fields opposite our house, but it does mean a constant battle with weeds in our garden with seeds drifting in on the breeze; dandelions, bindweed and buttercups being the most difficult. 
But then it also means more time spent in the garden getting the chores done and enjoying those precious sunny days...









































Sit for a moment...
And what do you see?...
The urn that has stood on the balcony for at least a decade...
Suddenly has a real purpose...
Its become an unusual home to Great Tits raising a family inside it, in the shade of the wisteria blooms. 

The pair are constantly back and forth, disappearing for a few seconds with bugs and seeds to feed their noisy brood at the bottom. I only hope the young birds will be able to negotiate the neck of the pot when it come to fledging-time.



I made a support for my large cornflower plant with some old rusty garden tools tied with string.

I've also given a quick coat of paint to the metal table and chairs that were looking a little tatty.  Luckily I found a half full pot of paint in the cellar, so was able to just make it go far enough...


A lovely shadier spot to sit when the sun is at its hottest. 


I made a simple cushion from a c1940's Sanderson floral.
Placed in the Lloyd Loom chair in the summerhouse, amongst friends...




Treasured times spent in the sunshine...
Do you like butter? 
Just enough time to pick flowers for inside as well.
Hope you've had time to enjoy some of the warm weather too,
Niki x
A posy from a friend - Thank you Helen! :)

2 comments:

  1. You have a lot of pretty flowers! Some most likely wouldn't grow here, but I did see several kinds that I have in my zOne 5 garden. When it's time for the babies to leave the nest could you just tip it over to let them have an easier time of getting out of the urn? I always enjoy my visit.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki.
    I'm glad that you have the sun, here it always rains.
    But I'm glad the same, I like the cool!
    Even a kiss to your granddaughter, *Maristella*.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx