Monday, March 03, 2014

Fabulous Florals

I've bought some beautiful vintage floral fabrics recently, from a variety of places, all of which I hope to put to use over the next few months...Spring and summer are the best time of year for vintage florals! :)
Sanderson produce the stars of the show, but I also have a nice one by Horrockses and a couple of 'unknowns'.















This little basket-weave bedroom chair was in need of some new upholstery, so what better than to use a lovely Sanderson floral in-keeping with its age?

A straightforward job with hammer and tacks, hidden with a decorative braid and its ready to go again...

Also a simple firescreen was in need of a picture, so I used another Sanderson under the glass. 
I painted the wooden frame a soft grey, then covered the backing board in the pretty floral bouquet fabric.

I've also been busy making some smaller pieces, using up tiny scraps of antique fabrics.
These woollen hearts were stitched onto old book pages and then mounted onto blank greetings cards.
Lovely for Mothering Sunday which is at the end of this month (in the UK).

I also made another version using antique silk damask fragments. Pretty spring-like colours for Easter. 

These little hearts are made to be worn...
I fixed a hair pin to the back, so that they can either be worn in the hair, or clipped to a lapel or handbag. 

Finally, a close-up of the little brooch pillows I made recently. Precious pieces of antique fabrics, softly filled and decorated with a vintage costume brooch.


***
Thank you for the kind wishes left on my previous post...Mummy and daughter are doing very well at home.
:) 

Niki x

PS: This Saturday I shall be offering my wares for sale at the Vintage Bazaar, Devises. More details to follow later in the week.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics ... and of course they will be put to use beautifully and creatively by you ...
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Niki!!
    Kisses, *Maristella*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Niki,so glad everything is ok that must have been scary,now you can look forward to happy Summer days with another little one visiting your nest :)
    I love your fabrics and makes as always very beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning fabrics. I particularly love the one used in the fire screen. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niki, I see some fabric there I would love to have! Soooo pretty! Why am I sooo far away? ? ? You always make such pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all SO beautiful! See you on Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Niki,lovely fabrics and all the little hearts are so very charming,good luck at the fair,you're bound to sell lots!'bye for now Pam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx