Friday, March 07, 2014

The Vintage Bazaar, Devises

This Saturday, 8th March, I shall be offering my wares for sale at the Vintage Bazaar, 
Corn Exchange, Devises.
9.30am to 3.30pm.
Website
Facebook
It's the first vintage bazaar of 2014 and I've been busy sourcing some lovely bits!
I adore this pretty hand embroidered tablecloth in beautiful pastel shades, with cotton lace finishing the edges.

And this wowzer of an antique crepe shawl...
With a garland of hand wool-work embroidered flowers that follow the shape of the shoulders so elegantly...
in colours as vibrant as the day they were first stitched.



To continue the hand embroidered theme, I've made a pair of cushions by re-purposing two c1930's antimacassars, combined with a 40's floral linen...  

Charming woollen yarn embroidery, oozing 'Granny Chic' style. 
(I'll bring along the very chippy painted chair too!) 
Just a tiny selection of the many treasures coming with me. 
Hope to see you there! - Enjoy your weekend,
Niki x

4 comments:

  1. I love the painting at the top of your post Niki, and the embroidered shawl and cushions look stunning :-) JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds great and I love everything you are taking. What a shame... we used to be stationed at Netheravon, just down the road and I never knew they did any thing like this vintage fair. I would have loved to take part. I hope you have a lovely time.
    Hugs,
    Karen B. ~ Todolwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful embroidery on the shawl and your lovely handmade cushions. Hope the fair goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niki,what beautiful things,someone is going to be VERY happy purchasing them!!Wish it was me!!Best regards Pam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx