Friday, April 04, 2014

Easter Blossoms

Photo taken in Maggie's living room back in 2008.
I was thinking about my friend Maggie today, as it's her Birthday very soon and I wanted to get a gift in the post and on its way to her. As I wrapped the vintage and handmade treasures that I'd collected, I remembered a card I created for her on a previous year...
 
Later on, looking through the materials I'd hoarded in my workroom, I found several old scrap book pages that I'd saved since making Maggie that Birthday card. Thankfully, there were still quite a few of the original c1930's paper faces left for me to use in the same cute project. ('How-to' instructions via the link in paragraph above.)

I pulled out these lovely velvet samples to use too, from the shelves in my work space, and with some scraps of tulle and chiffon, some hair pins and a glue gun, I was ready to go...

Here's the result of a few of hours work. Nine cute corsages with a c1930's look, which can be clipped to a jacket or handbag, or worn in the hair.
I shall be taking these with me to the Vintage Bazaar, Frome on Easter Saturday. 




Happy Birthday Maggie! 
Niki x

3 comments:

  1. Those corsages are lovely! Such great graphics!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx